On May 30th from 5:00-6:00 pm our Kindergarten Educators will be providing an interactive evening for parent & child. This evening will answer questions with a focus on supporting families with early learning is like in our school. This is our “passport” event where we want the children and the parents to be welcomed to discover our school and our classrooms showcasing our early learning program.
- Why Full Day Learning For Four- and Five-Year-Olds?
- The Four Frames of Kindergarten
- Why Play- Based Inquiry Learning?
- What does this look like?
- What is the Role of the Educator Teams?
- The Extended Day Program area
On June 19th from 5:00-6:00 pm our second evening information evening will be for parents only. This evening session will focus on some of the practical items with starting school. On this evening we will offer for parents an opportunity to learn with us and also from other resources in the community.
The slideshow topics will then cover topics related to:
- Communication of Learning
- Students who speak another language at home
- Special Needs
- Safe Arrival and Dismissal
- Lunch Time / Snacks
- School Entry Plan – School Visits
- Readiness for Kindergarten
- School Supplies
- Extended Day
- Question Period
Thank you for taking the time to begin building the home – school connection. We are dedicated to the early learning of children and we look forward to welcoming new kindergartens and their families to our school community successfully!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.