Hello Golden Stars!
We want to share our sincere thanks to those families who have been connecting with their child(ren)’s classroom teacher over email – phone – D2L or Google classroom. This has been so helpful as we work to deploy Chromebooks to those who need them and plan for distance learning next week.
If you indicated to your classroom teacher that you would require a Chromebook, I would have contacted you. In some cases, a voice message has been left with information about the deployment process. If you have not received a phone call, please be patient. There will be a phase two deployment next week as we continue to collect information on more families who need a Chromebook.
Please know that “access to a Chromebook” does not mean that each child needs their own Chromebook. Simply that they have access to one. When learning starts next week, they will need to use the device to communicate with the teacher. It is NOT the expectation that they are on it for the duration of the learning. Much can be done without a computer.
Please note the following:
- As always, if you have any questions, concerns or if you need to reach out, please do so. Our dedicated staff may not be at the building, but we are still here for you!Arrive at the school according to the time given by the school.
- Use the front parking lot of the school and wait until Mr. Bruni or Mrs. Labelle come outside
- Chromebooks will be placed in the trunk of the car. Please do not get out of your vehicle. We have a specific protocol for getting these to you and still respecting social distancing requirements.
- Each Chromebook will be sent home with a “Self-Help” information sheet and an “Electronic Device” Form. This form has also been sent home via School Cash On-Line. Please read carefully the form since it outlines your responsibilities using the borrowed device.
- A Self-Help FAQ is also posted on our WCDSB@Home webpage.
As always, if you have any questions, concerns or if you need to reach out, please do so. Our dedicated staff may not be at the building, but we are still here for you!
Chat soon Golden Stars!! Stay Healthy!